CAMPAIGN SUMMARY – MONTHLY GROCERY KITS FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED CANCER PATIENTS (Special focus on single mothers,sex workers & widows)
Cancer not only effects the person who has been diagnosed with it but also their family and surroundings. It drains a person emotionally, physically and financially. At certain point, the complex thoughts and lifestyle changes caused by cancer and its treatment,becomes as overwhelming for others in your life as they are for you.
For the underprivileged strata of our society, cancer equates to death as they do not have the financial capability for the expensive treatment.The poor awaits aid or is dependent on donations for its treatment while his or her life hangs in balance.
Let us come together to lessen their financial burden by donating them monthly grocery kits. These kits might not help them in medical treatment but it will reduce the financial burden of the whole family to choose between food or treatment. It will provide them some emotional support that we as caregivers will pledge to help in our own capacity. We will not let these families fight cancer in hunger but with support and a healthy meal.
Cancer Patient Society & Golden Heart Foundation is working day and night to provide a grocery kits to these grief stricken families. A few supplies such as rice, dal, and oil can help these families survive and fight cancer together. These families need your support and help to survive. The Corona Virus should not push them into starvation. Donate a grocery kit to poor cancer patients now.
Some Startling Facts:
- India ranks third in cancer cases after China and the US
- Every year India reports more than a million new cancer cases.
- One woman dies of cervical cancer every eight minutes in India.
- India’s epidemic is concentrated among key affected populations(including sex workers )
- For every two women newly diagnosed with breast cancer, one woman dies of it in the country, accordingly to the National Institute of Cancer Prevention Research (NICPR)